Sunday, March 2, 2008

First Time

Starting a blog is harder than I thought it would be!! So many things running around in my head it is hard to know where to begin. Since this is my first time blogging I guess I should start off writing a little about myself.

My husband and I have known each other since I was 13 but have only been married since 2002. Jeff has always been my Best Friend but I never gave our relationship a chance to become anything more than friends until 8 years ago mainly because I didn't feel worthy enough and I was terrified that if he really "knew" me he would run like there was no tomorrow. I have had a LOT of bad experiences growing up that made my self-esteem so low that I never felt I deserved to really be happy. Most people never even knew I felt this way because on the outside they saw someone who seemed to be very much in control of her life when all the time I was screaming on the inside for help. I went through relationships where I had been abused both emotionally & physically that pretty much left me drained and emotionally broke.

When Jeff & I started talking about getting together I was scared to death! How could he possibly love someone like me? Why would he want to be with me? We spent a lot of time together talking and getting to know each other very well and I made it a point to tell him all the Horrible things about my past...kind of my defense tool & also to see if what he was telling me was really true...that he would be there for me no matter what. Much to my surprise he has stuck to every word he said...he has stuck with me through more trials than anyone should! He has proven to be my Knight in Shining Armour and my Soul Mate for life!

Jeff & I have 6...YES 6 wonderful kids. His, mine & ours but as far as I am concerned they are all ours!!! Archie is almost 17, Tyler is 15, Joshua just turned 13, Cheyanne is 12, Alexis is almost 9 and Clayton is 4. They all have things about them that make me proud and all of them are involved in something they really enjoy. Archie & Tyler are both in JROTC and both enjoy going shooting at the Cowboy Action Shooting range with Jeff. Joshua has been getting involved in karate and is learning how to play the guitar. Cheyanne and Alexis both love to ride horses and play softball (Alexis can't wait for the season to start so Daddy can be her coach) and Clayton...well besides loving pre-school he has become very good on a lot of educational and some non-educational video games, some of which I can't even do :-) It is amazing to me at how much joy and sometimes headaches they give me. What a blessing they are to me!!!

My life may not be picture perfect but there is nothing on this earth that I would trade it for!!!! God definately knew what He was doing when he put Jeff in my life!! Thank you God!!!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Welcome to blogland! Very nice start!

I will link ya on my blog!

Jarre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Thanks for sharing that with us..it must have been very difficult.

Blogging can seem intimidating at first, but it gets easier - and funner - as you go. Everyone writes and shares for a different reason and the blogs out there are varied and vast. I know you will also find your niche.

Welcome!!

Jarre said...

The first one didn't sound right. God Blessed us too, with another Sister. Youv'e gone through so much with this family in a short 8 years,sickness,death and births, more that anyone should,and youv'e been by my side through all of it. I Love You Sister.